Bringing your baby home for the first time is an amazing and unforgettable experience. But you need to be prepared so when the baby arrives home you have everything in order so it goes smooth. Even before you leave the hospital don’t feel rushed and be sure to ask the doctors and nurses any questions in addition to any recommendations from them on bathing, breastfeeding and burping. They will be happy to give you any information or instructions for you to have a great start once you get home. Make sure everything is in place and you have all the items already at home so you’re not running around to stores buying everything last minute or on the way home. Please note that most of the things listed here you don’t have to buy and can be found on Fabswapp for absolutely free so you don’t have to go spend a bunch of money.
1) Infant Only Seats: You’ll need a good infant car seat for the ride home and are designed for rear-facing use only and fit infants better than convertible seats. Keep in mind that The American Academy of Paediatrics (AAP) recommends that infants and toddlers ride in a rear-facing seat until they are 2 years old or are proper height and weight. Also, start looking to get stroller so you can take your baby outside while you get some exercise too.
2) Arriving Home: Now that you’ve made it home, here are some things you’ll need once you get through the door and take him/her to their room: You’ll need a crib, baby bottles, baby bottle sterilizer, blankets, toys, diapers, baby clothes and a baby monitor. Make sure you house is baby proof as well and there’s nothing harmful for them to reach to or crawls too.
3) Things for Mom: You’ll also need a few things for you like a good baby care book that will give you some good instructions and information on how to handle having a baby and they will covering stages from newborn to early childhood essentials. Also, get a good rocking chair so you can rock your little baby to sleep when needed. Finally, you’ll need a changing bag to take with you when you travel outside the house. Here is where you can place the baby’s diapers, change of clothes, formula and other items.
4) Baby Clothes: When you leave the hospital its good to have a coming home outfit for your baby. Find something that will be warm, comfortable and cute for the cameras. You will also need around 4-7 one-piece snap-crotch bodysuits to simplify dressing. Some other baby clothes you’ll need include: Stretchy pull on pants, socks, shawl, sun hat, small t-shirts, baby sweaters, jackets, pyjamas, footed sleepers and gowns with an elastic bottom. Baby clothes are available for both boys and girls and you can find them in pink or blue.
5) Baby Toys: Keeping baby busy and happy will require some good baby toys that will be good for learning about themselves to. Start off with some baby rattles, cot mobiles, play mats, cot toys, soft toys, musical toys, fabric books and activity matt with gyms and mirrors. Get some good baby blocks so they can build things and develop motor skills.
Get everything you need for your newborn at FabSwapp
The first thing you should do is go to Fabswapp and you’ll find everything we have listed here in the article and even better they are all for free. You don’t need to buy expensive baby clothes new as they will grow out of them quickly and be finished with them in a few months. You’ll just be wasting money and the clothes and toys will end up using limited storage space and then you’ll eventually want to throw them away which is not good. There are lots of mother’s out there who have put baby clothes, toys, strollers and lots of new born baby items on Fabswapp and would love to swap for other items you have and that way, you win by saving money and you get to clear out your closet with clothes you can place on Fabwapp to earn free tokens, and the environment wins too.
Get on over to Fabswapp and see how you can check off your list for your newborn and the entire list of items you’ll need for when your baby arrives. You can download the Fabswapp app now on Google Play or Apple iTunes and find something you’ll need for free. You’ll be saving money and the environment and that is best for both. Remember every time you post something of yours on Fabswapp, you’ll get 5 free tokens. And you will also be helping us reduce the waste in landfills.